Investments Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What kinds of grants does ICDD fund?
- 2. Who can apply for a Call for Investment?
- 3. May out of state organizations apply?
- 4. How do I get notified of a Call for Investment?
- 5. What are Performance Measures and why are they important?
- 6. How do we choose our Performance Measures?
1. What kinds of grants does ICDD fund?
ICDD invests in projects that lead to achievement of our 5-year State Plan Goals and Objectives using a Call for Investment process. We do not accept unsolicited proposals. Projects are usually for demonstration of new approaches to services or supports, training, technical assistance, supporting and educating communities, barrier elimination, systems design and redesign, coalition development, informing policymakers, interagency collaboration and coordination, or public awareness.
2. Who can apply for a Call for Investment?
Proposals are welcomed from all types of entities and organizations, formal and informal. The awardee must have a tax ID number in order to receive Council funds.
3. May out of state organizations apply?
Applicants need not be based in Illinois unless specified otherwise in the Call for Investment.
4. How do I get notified of a Call for Investment?
Calls for Investment are posted on this website under Announcements, ICDD's social media (Facebook and Twitter), and shared through a listserv. Please contact ICDDInfo@illinois.gov to have your email included on the listserv.
5. What are Performance Measures and why are they important?
ICDD must report outcomes of its work and activities yearly to its funding source, the federal Adm. on Community Living. The measures are what ACL requires and come directly from the Federal mandate for DD Councils. The measures are not created by Council staff. We can add to them but cannot change or delete them. ICDD reports on its outcomes to ACL yearly based on the federal fiscal year, October through September. Your reported outcomes are included as contributing to ICDD's impact in Illinois.
6. How do we choose our Performance Measures?
Guidance documents are attached to each Call for Investment to describe the performance measures and definitions for each. The type of project you're undertaking will guide you to the advocacy versus systems change measures.